Registered Physiotherapy Assessment and Treatment
Our treatment philosophy is based on scientific knowledge and experience, with the goal of providing the best quality of care to our patients.
The initial assessment begins with a thorough history of the presenting complaint so that we understand your condition and your goals. Patients undergo a thorough biomechanical assessment in order to determine factors that may be contributing to the development of the injury, condition or dysfunction. The history and physical examination are used to develop an appropriate and individualized treatment plan, and also to determine if further investigation is necessary.
Treatment is initiated after the clinical findings have been explained and the treatment plan approved by the patient (informed consent).
Our treatment approach will involve hands-on treatment, which will vary by individual, and may include the following:
- Manual and Manipulative Therapy techniques
- Myofascial Release
- Craniosacral Therapy
- Gait Analysis/Training
- Lymphatic Drainage
- Concussion Rehabilitation
- TMJ Dysfunction Rehabilitation
- Vestibular Rehabilitation
- Visceral Manipulation Therapy
Other techniques that we use in order to compliment the hands-on treatment approaches mentioned include:
- IMS/Trigger Point Dry Needling
- Interferential current
Two of the most important elements of the treatment program are:
- the prescription of a personalized exercise program that will compliment the therapeutic interventions that are performed at the clinic
- education of the patient so that they understand their problem and what they can do to assist in its’ resolution (and prevention of recurrence)